Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Take it all away,

Whats' Melbourne cup day? Horse racing in Melbourne and we get holiday. Spend the holiday studying with the usual's. 7 more days of school, and we've 3 tests line up before the exams.

After talking to sharene, we digress the topic to our English essay "Do you agree/disagree a test should be implemented to be a parent". And, it's hilarious having a debate over msn.

--
Some of the songs I have listened to everyday. How can lyrics leave bruised somewhere? How can that not turn me into the sort of person reliable to break into bits when your love goes all right or wrong? What came first, the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music? Do all those records turn me into a melancholy person?

People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about us listening to thousands of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss. The unhappiest people I know, romantically speaking, are the ones who like acoustic/rock music the most; and I don't know whether acoustic/rock music has caused this unhappiness, but I do know that they've been listening to the sad songs longer than anything else. How true is this?

Studying film studies during English is (Y).

0 comments: